GuidePedia

0
nomophobia-quiz
Finally, you can know how severely you are suffering from nomophobia- or the no mobile phobia. Nomophobia is the fear of being away from the mobile contact. Iowa State University researchers have developed a questionnaire to determine what level nomophobe you are.

one are the days when the generation of 90s was alleged to be addicted to smartphones. Today, the parents, and even grandparents, are hooked to their mobiles and the latest gadgets as well. In a recent demographic survey in the UK to find the tech devices that people would miss the most, it was found that people aged from 16 to 50 treasured their smartphones more than anything else.
So basically most of us are nomophobes with only a difference in the severity of addiction. Now don’t deny this. An American school has even added a texting lane to one of its staircases for the cellphone addicts. You know what, people suffering from smartphone fever or nomophobia do weirdest things!
Iowa State University researchers have developed a questionnaire to determine you level and severity of nomophobia. Now, it is stated that nomphobia is a fear of losing the smartphone (or refrain from using), not able to reply the messages is among a few fears and the dependence on the smartphones- rather than the smartphone addiction.
Check out the questionnaire prepared by the Iowa State University researchers and see for yourself, how much of a nomophobe are you?
Nomophobia Questionnaire:
The participants should respond to the following statements on a scale of 1 (strongly disagree) to 7 (strongly agree). Calculate the total scores by adding your responses to each item. The higher scores corresponded to greater nomophobia severity.
  1. I would feel uncomfortable without constant access to information through my smartphone.
  2. I would be annoyed if I could not look information up on my smartphone when I wanted to do so.
  3. Being unable to get the news (e.g., happenings, weather, etc.) on my smartphone would make me nervous.
  4. I would be annoyed if I could not use my smartphone and/or its capabilities when I wanted to do so.
  5. Running out of battery in my smart phone would scare me.
  6. If I were to run out of credits or hit my monthly data limit, I would panic.
  7. If I did not have a data signal or could not connect to Wi-Fi, then I would constantly check to see if I had a signal or could find a Wi-Fi network.
  8. If I could not use my smartphone, I would be afraid of getting stranded somewhere.
  9. If I could not check my smartphone for a while, I would feel a desire to check it.
If I did not have my smartphone with me:
  1. I would feel anxious because I could not instantly communicate with my family and/or friends.
  2. I would be worried because my family and/or friends could not reach me.
  3. I would feel nervous because I would not be able to receive text messages and calls.
  4. I would be anxious because I could not keep in touch with my family and/or friends.
  5. I would be nervous because I could not know if someone had tried to get a hold of me.
  6. I would feel anxious because my constant connection to my family and friends would be broken.
  7. I would be nervous because I would be disconnected from my online identity.
  8. I would be uncomfortable because I could not stay up-to-date with social media and online networks.
  9. I would feel awkward because I could not check my notifications for updates from my connections and online networks.
  10. I would feel anxious because I could not check my email messages.
  11. I would feel weird because I would not know what to do.
So, what are your scores? Tell us in comments below.

Via: Iowa State University

Post a Comment

 
Top